Food is arguably one of the most important aspects of survival. So instead of starving to death, eat something! Here's a list:
- Canned meat and vegetables
- Make sure to grab a can opener
- Peanut butter
- Being high in fat and carbohydrates, peanut butter will keep you going for a while
- Dried fruit and nuts
- No cooking necessary!
- With you're food choices being very narrow, vitamin supplements are a must
There are many to get clean water. Try some of these handy methods!
- Bottled water
- It's as simple as that, really
- Water purification tablets
- Iodine kills most bacteria from fresh water sources
- Portable water filter
- Beacause it works
- Boil water between 5 and 20 minutes. If you do not have a fireproof container, you will have to usea process called rock boiling. Rock boiling is when you heat up rocks in a fire then place them in your water to raise the temperature.
- Natural purification
- Worst case scenario, dig a 2-4 foot hole near a natural water source. The hole will fill up with water and shouldbe clean.
To learn more about survival food and water techniques, visit Ready.gov/food or Ready.gov/water